Free School Meals
Did you know ... just registering your child for
Free School Meals means that the
THE ORCHARD SCHOOL gets extra money?
And you could save up to £780 for 2 children
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits (tick if these apply and see a member of staff with help if you need it to complete the form):
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (including Child Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income less than £16,190 and NOT in receipt of Working Tax Credit
The Orchard School gets £1,400 for every child that is eligible for a Free Meal.
With this money we could supply better resources and educational trips for your child.
If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also get clothing assistance and travel assistance.
Please register as soon as possible to make sure your child(ren) don't miss out.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify - it is not just if you are unemployed, so please call Mrs Jackson on 0121
569 7040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Registering is really quick and easy - if you think you qualify, contact Mrs Jackson who will help you to register.
3. If you do qualify, use the Sandwell application form to apply directly to Sandwell MBC.
4. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that's great - they will get the free meal (saving you more than £390 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £1,400 extra.
5. If you don't want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal - as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £1,400 extra.
No one will know you have registered, and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
0121 569 7040